Sunday, October 10, 2010

October Weekend

Hello. Well, fall is here, but you wouldn't know it by the weather this weekend. It was a beautiful two days here in Northern California.



The leaves have started falling, but the dahlia's are still blooming.


I stopped by the nursery on Saturday, and found that they had mums on sale. The garden has looked particularly ugly this year, so I thought I would brighten it up by adding some fall color.



Along with the falling leaves comes some returning friends to the neighborhood. All I have to do is sit in the family room, and I can hear our visitors outside in the trees.

Northern flickers, while very shy, are so lovely to look at.



And the European Starlings, here in their winter plumage, are so loud and annoying.



Luckily, my favorites, the Anna's hummingbirds do not migrate and are always buzzing through the backyard.


And if you listen carefully you just might find a Cooper's Hawk looking for it's next meal.


I hope everyone has a great week. See ya soon!

TVH

No comments:

Pages