Sunday, June 27, 2010

Pond Fishing

So I went fishing today with my son and my brother-in-law. The bro-in-law knew of a pond that is rarely fished, and better yet, he knows the land owner who gave us the ok to be there. This pond was an old rock quarry and was about 2 acres in size. It has been planted with largemouth bass, crappie and bluegill. Along with being able to fish from the shore, there was a small 2 person pedal boat that we had access to.



I didn't take my camera with me today, but instead concentrated on fishing. I did manage to get a pic with my phone of the first fish which was only a 1/2 pound, but felt really good to bring in. There were several more in this weight range and I never did get that big fish I was looking for. My son gets the big fish honors today. He was fishing from a little pedal boat that was onthe pond and he pulled in a 5 pounder fishing with a little jig head and a 4" worm (sorry no pic). My brother-in-law never did manage to get bass today, but he caught over 10 bluegills and several small perch



We had a fantastic day and even though there weren't alot of fish, everyone had fun! Have a great week everyone!!

No comments:

Pages